Author Topic: Swap meet finds  (Read 2562 times)

Offline omaha

• Jet Head
Swap meet finds
« on: July 07, 2009, 04:58:17 PM »
Hello to everyone
  Just went to the big swap meet in Fremont, Nebraska, two weekends ago. I bought a  few things including six Q-Jets. The most I paid for one was $20 {but the guy threw in 3 circular saws for that price}.
Any way I paid $85 dollars for all of them. That comes out to about $14.67 for each. Not too bad I think.
Any way, here are the numbers I got [for the carbs].
17059253        17080298       17059206      17057213    17081292       17057256

What I noticed about two of these numbers is the number "9" in the next to last position. What application would this be for?  [the mid-eighties Mopars is what I'm thinking].
    I also found a bunch of wire gauges [I guess thats what there called]. They have two ends with different size wire coming out on each side. The diameter of the wire is stamped on the middle which looks like aluminum [middle part is about 2 to 3 inches long as are the wires from each end.] The brand name of these are "Burroughs" . Some of them have the actual application {like '49 olds}. How were these used originally.  Also bought a bunch of punches and drifts and some small taps and an antique pin vise for small drill bits.  {all for chump change}
   Hope everyone had a happy 4th of July.

Offline jamesF

• Global Moderator
  • Carb lover
Re: Swap meet finds
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 01:49:13 PM »
You can check Cliffs Tech Pages for info on ID'ing the carb:

http://www.cliffshighperformance.dreamhosters.com/tech_carb_ID_2.html

I think I have heard said that 9's in that position are likely a MARINE carb, - Volvo Penta.. that kind of thing..

Hope that helps,
James
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 02:03:15 PM by jamesF »

Offline omaha

• Jet Head
Re: Swap meet finds
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 06:31:43 PM »
Awesome, maybe you are right. the linkage has a long stud sticking out of it that I thought was for kickdown on the mopar but it could be linkage for thr boat motor. Both carbs are in great condition.