Quadrajet Problem Solving > Buy Quadrajet Parts, Quadrajet Kits, Service

Benefits of HP over SR rebuild kit

(1/3) > >>

HeathD:
Hi Guys,

Just sorting a few details and figuring out the best way to go forwards.

Is the SR kit for a carb in good overall condition that needs a freshen up or is it suitable for something that has had a hard life? ???

Is there any benefit with spending the extra few $$$ and getting the HP kit for what will be a mild street rod engine? ::)

If I make changes to the setup later on is the HP kit a better long term option or is it irrelevant? :o

Also if I already have the plastic cams and spring (bought just a few weeks ago with a new electric choke and choke pull off) can I substitute these parts for something else of the same value?   Cheeky question I know, but I just noticed the kits have these bits in them. :-[

Maybe the extra few $$$ in different prices might be better spent else where.    If so, what parts do you recommend (spare hangers, jets, etc)?   I live In New Zealand so parts can be  hard to come by (at a reasonable price that is - try $158NZ + S/H for an electric choke locally) and having a few extra bits in my parts tray would be nice for the future.   I guess some standard fixtures (tubes etc) would be good to get a starting point as I am unsure of the current set up or its condition (until I pull it apart that is).

Typical noob questions I know with too much money (not true - I'm married -LOL) and not enough knowledgeable qjet guys in my town to talk to for advice.

Regards

Heath

Ethan1:
 I would probably go with the SR kit. Cliff will know what kit you should get. 8)

Cliff Ruggles:
The SR kit is a very complete kit.  The HP kit contains idle tubes, power piston spring assortment, idle mixture screws with springs, secondary throttle shaft return spring, and fastener set.  If you don't need those additional items the SR kit would be fine.  Some folks buy the SR kit and add a few items to it as they don't need all the items found in the HP kit.

We also put custom kits together with tuning parts which also saves money.....Cliff

HeathD:
Thanks Cliff.

I'll get in contact soon about my needs (kit wise).   I'll email you guys rather than try and ring from NZ with a list of questions, etc  :o.

Cheers,

Heath

Cliff Ruggles:
Email is always best, direct email is cliffshp@embarqmail.com  .....Cliff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version