Author Topic: Kit and parts for Marine QJet  (Read 2643 times)

Offline dchapma1

Kit and parts for Marine QJet
« on: June 26, 2012, 05:44:48 AM »
Hi Cliff,

I have used your parts and book to do my 1970 Judge and had such great results I now want to do my boat carb.  It is essentially a Chevy 350 (Mercruiser) with a 4MV carb on it.  I get heavy BOG on acceleration.  I have a standard carb kit with the gaskets, can you recommend additional parts, primary pump, tubes, etc that I should use?

Top RPM is 4600 and being a boat it has a low end torque type of cam. Other than that it is a stock 350.

Thanks Much,

Don

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Kit and parts for Marine QJet
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 04:53:09 AM »
Like our automotive kits, our Marine kits are complete with the upgraded components for this new fuel.  They come with a complete Marine accl pump assembly with springs/retainer, high flow Viton needle/seat assembly, float, high flow Marine filter w/spring, gaskets, small parts.  You can purchase the needle/seat assembly and complete Marine accl pump assemblies separately if desired....thanks....Cliff

Offline dchapma1

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 04:35:31 AM »
That sounds great and I'd like to purchase the marine kit. Let me check the parts page and if I have any questions I'll get back to you.

Don,

Any suggestions on jetting changes?

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 10:22:25 AM »
Best to order carb kits by phone.

Most Marine q-jets will NOT require recalibration, as they were not emission calibrated, and pretty generous for fuel delivery right to start with.....Cliff