Author Topic: 2bbl. carb  (Read 2449 times)

Offline bober

• Carb lover
2bbl. carb
« on: July 14, 2012, 07:07:03 AM »
I just pulled the 2bbl. carb of my 76 350 pont eng. for a rebuild and discovered a stainless/s plate between carb and intake and I'm assumming this is a plate to keep the EGR from burning through a gasket ? I've been concerned about intake leaks and have tried to tighten this carb down before and I need to know if I should put any sealant or gasket on top and bottom of this plate when I reassemble it ? It did'nt have anything on the bottom when I removed it . It is flanged into the intake ,I'm sure you're familiar w/plate !!!! I want to get it running the best I can so I don't have any issues w/it before I do some mods to it . Thanks !

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: 2bbl. carb
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 04:15:54 AM »
No additional gaskets are required, just the factory set-up.....Cliff

Offline bober

• Carb lover
Re: 2bbl. carb
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 07:38:24 PM »
Hi Cliff; I got the 2bbl. back on and have been making some adjustments to it and timing and it seems to run well but I'm sure the ac/pump is not the right type of rubber . Is it possible to just replace the pump and also I've read on this site that I may have to remove the check ball in the pump area also ,Is this just as simple as removeing it or is there more to this ? I stll have a hesitation at tmes and thought this may be the problem ? I'm just trying to get by with this setup until I get a chance to swap out the 2 for a 4 and afew other upgrades . Thanks !