Author Topic: Edelbrock 1901  (Read 4871 times)

Offline deric83616

• Garage guy
Edelbrock 1901
« on: June 05, 2009, 10:08:51 AM »
Just ordered your book. I have an Edelbrock 1901 on a 71 454. The engine has been modified mildly with a .060 Bore, cr raised to 9.7 Comp Cam 268 H 218 at .050. I'm required to have the car emissions checked here in Idaho. It failed both the CO% at Idle and 2500 rpm. Put the car on a dyno with a wide band 02 sensor car was really rich. Set the float to 15/32 edelbrock spec., changed needle and seat. finally rejeted to 69 main with 49B rods. A/R 13.2 car passed. Vacumn at 650 is 14, intial timing is 10 degrees, mixture screws cause changes. I purchased the carb new in 2003. At one time a got a load(s) of really dirty fuel and the fuel filter was almost pluged. car is pulling a lot to fuel thru the venturi. I suspect the idle air circuit is plugged. I know a lot of information for a part question. I have been collecting used Qjet for parts mostly needles and jets and also have purchased some needle & jets from summitt and carbs unlimited. I believe that as long as the parts are the early design they are interchangeable. I also feel that if this carb weren't pulling so much fuel it would be very lean. The factory q-jet used 77 main jets and 49 rods. I'd like to rebuild this carb do you make a kit for it. .
Thanks
Dave Erickson
Dave
67 GTO
71 Corvette

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Edelbrock 1901
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 03:21:31 AM »
Dave, we have a complete HP kit for it, and it includes new idle tubes, so no worries pulling out the old ones. 

You will also get an upgraded Viton high flow needle/seat assembly, complete HP accellerator pump assembly, new fastener set, gaskets, seals, float, small parts, etc.

There will also be a power piston spring assortment to tune it for the engine combination.

We are available M-F 8am to 5pm, just call the shop at 740-397-2921 when you are ready to get a kit.

I would also check the carburetor to see if it has the large main airbleeds, as Edelbrock made several versions of that carburetor, some with the .118" main airbleeds.  We have press in airbleeds so you can recalibrate the carburetor for the effective use of the smaller jets and metering rods in it.....Cliff