Author Topic: Need Specs for power piston spring kit....  (Read 3587 times)

Offline Freddiesbuick

• Garage guy
Need Specs for power piston spring kit....
« on: December 03, 2012, 07:17:17 AM »
Bought the entire rebuild and bushing kit a couple of years ago. It came with (4) power piston springs with different colors. I don't remember if the kit came with the specs on each of the power piston springs. But I was wondering if that info can be provided to me. My carb is #17080272 (It came off of a 1980 Pontiac). Also I lost the OEM APT adjustment  specs. Thanks!

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Need Specs for power piston spring kit....
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 08:16:41 AM »
Bought the entire rebuild and bushing kit a couple of years ago. It came with (4) power piston springs with different colors. I don't remember if the kit came with the specs on each of the power piston springs. But I was wondering if that info can be provided to me. My carb is #17080272 (It came off of a 1980 Pontiac). Also I lost the OEM APT adjustment  specs. Thanks!

I believe the power piston springs go from the weakest to the strongest. Cliff should know. As for the stock APT adjustment, I'm not sure. Will see what Cliff says. :D
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Need Specs for power piston spring kit....
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 03:30:47 AM »

Orange is the lightest spring, for big cams and low vacuum at idle.

The light blue (plain color in some kits) is next, followed by the long green, then light blue.

Spec's are approximate, 6-7", 7-8", 8-9" and 10" release point, lightest to heaviest.....Cliff