Author Topic: new project  (Read 2718 times)

Offline kenn

• Carb lover
new project
« on: October 28, 2012, 01:17:04 PM »
Hello to all. I'm rebuilding a 355 for my 72chv pickup, its a mild cam, performer intake and 2.02 heads. The carb that was on the truck was 7040247. I picked up two carbs at the swap meet for ten bucks just at clossing time (7044213 and 17086047). I have bought the book, now which one do I rebuild? Thay all are side inlet and look to be in very good condition externely.
 The carb that was on the truck fell on its face just off idle thats what started the carb project in the first place. Some advice was to get a newer carb than what I had, plus it was a great price I thought. I am enjoying the book and all the posts here.  THANKS. Ken.

Offline kenn

• Carb lover
Re: new project
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 01:27:58 PM »
I guess I should have said that I was new to this site.

Offline kenn

• Carb lover
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 08:54:43 AM »
Well after reading the book again I have decided to rebuild 17086047.
The 7044213 has a rebuild sticker on it so that one is out.
 The one that was on the truck had a problem that rebuilding should take care of but its older than the one I will rebuild so the book suggests the 86 model would be a better choice .
I plan a total rebuild with the parts from this site.

Thanks Kenn

Offline 429bbf

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 08:17:36 PM »
kenn welcome aboard. that carb (if my memory is correct) should have upper and lower APT stops . i like the newer ones because most have not been messed with by somebody that had know idea how to work on it.heck some even have the idle screws with the protectors still in place. them are my favorite.hope you enjoy your rebuild all your quad questions can be answered right here.there are a lot of good carb guys on this site. dean

Offline kenn

• Carb lover
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 07:40:24 AM »
Thanks for the reply Dean.

Offline kenn

• Carb lover
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 07:46:47 AM »
I plan on A complete rebuild but have had no time. I work weekends and my weekdays have been consumed by jury duty.                                  I am not to good on computers. This should have been part of the previous post  sorry.