Author Topic: you get what you pay for  (Read 2474 times)

Offline 429bbf

• Qjet Hero
you get what you pay for
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:25:40 PM »
this is what happens when you get in a hurry. i ordered a kit from cliff. it takes 5 to 6 days to get to wyo.well i got in a hurry on sat and went and bought a kit from napa. i opened it up and saw that it had the blue ac pump so i thought it would be good.wrong thought.worked for about 1/2 hour .i had rebuilt the carb and installed on a brand new 350 chevy.went out and took it for a test drive. everything was perfect for the first 1/2 hour.then when you slow down and try accelerate it had a bad lean bog.now im pissed . what could be wrong. well after a little looking i see the acc. pump is not coming up all the way and is sticking in the bore.thats what you get when you buy generic parts. kutos to cliff  iv never had a problem with his parts and next time ill be more patient . now i have to do the work twice. fwiw

Offline Shark Racer

• Jet Head
Re: you get what you pay for
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 09:26:38 PM »
For sure! if you're not sure about the pump part, soak it some gas for a couple hours. :)

Cliff sells great stuff.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 04:33:44 AM »
Many thanks.  I've been telling folks that the "blue" seal on their pumps isn't worth two squirts of duck poop.  It is a soft material, and swells up pretty quickly in this new fuel.

I have one of our pumps soaking now for over a year in ethanol fuel and it hasn't swelled up at all.

We actually gave up on the suppliers to put a good seal on the pumps that we buy.  I have at least 1000 blue and black seals here that were removed from those pumps, for sale cheap!.....Cliff

Offline 429bbf

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 05:05:14 AM »
i pulled the acc.pump it pretty much fell off .hard to believe.it only lasted 1/2 hour. anyway i took one out of your kits and its working . i could have bought 2 new kits and set them next day air for what my trouble cost me.thanks for suppling excellent parts and thanks for starting this forum. dean