Author Topic: Time to rebuild: 17085292 Qjet  (Read 2158 times)

Offline 86BlackBurban

• Garage guy
Time to rebuild: 17085292 Qjet
« on: February 18, 2013, 10:30:42 PM »
Hello Cliff I'm ready to go forward with this build and will be getting your publication as well. After reading and researching other builds on this site it's apparent to me that I have a lot to relearn about carburetors! I'd like to take it down all the way and establish a solid baseline and work from there...can't wait to get started!

Vehicle is a 1986 Chevy Suburban with 350 bored 30 over,  9.0:1 Pistons, roller rockers, stock heads, HEI ignition (don't know any of the timing info), dual 2.25" X-pipe exhaust with cats, cast iron 1978 350 Corvette exh manifolds with air injection, Edelbrock Performer intake with EGR. Biggest mod is a Comp Cams 260H grind 260 intake/260 exhaust, .050" 212/212, valve lift of .440/.440", lobe separation of 110 degrees

Weighs about 5000 lbs even, 700r4 trans, 3.42 gears 2WD. I want to keep the cool thermostat for now for a variety of reasons of which I won't go into in this thread.

Im not sure how aggressive this cam is, as far as I know it's a towing cam but I do plan on maybe using a car hauler for up to 5000 lbs towed weight from time to time later on...who knows maybe some livestock too. But would like to get good use from the cam vs changing it out with a stocker without sacrificing too much fuel economy...somewhere in the middle I guess. I'm sure there's been a few people with almost the same build!

After the 9 and then later 11MPG figures from the last trip, fuel economy trumps it all I think! Driving habits are mixed, but cruising with 3.42 gears hurts mileage as well - but hey, it's a wagon!

I had a little trouble finding how to pay for a kit on the home page - could you please send a link and I can pay for both a kit and the book at one time? I really appreciate all the exchange of knowledge on this site and look forward to getting started...

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Time to rebuild: 17085292 Qjet
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 03:50:39 AM »
When you get time, call the shop, kits orders are taken by phone, as we require the carburetor part number and other information to make sure we get the right parts to you the first time...thanks....Cliff