Author Topic: Thank you so much!  (Read 1352 times)

Offline 89SS196

• Garage guy
Thank you so much!
« on: May 23, 2013, 02:17:15 PM »
 :D ;D Just started my boat motor for the first time this year, and more importantly for the first time since the carb overhaul.  I am so psyched.  It lit off perfectly, smooth and steady. smoke free with a nice low idle.
I didn't realize until I was partway through the redo that I had a leaking vacuum break.  That was probably causing the bulk of my troubles.  It didn't idle particularly well while cold & on choke, was kind of rough.  And it had a bog going to wide open from part throttle.  Both things that could be attributed to the vacuum breaker.
Other folks with this same power and hull are claiming better speed than I was getting so I look forward to a run at wide open soon to see if I get any more mph, hope so!
I pulled the mains to clean out the supply tubes too, just in case.  Didn't find anything, but I felt better that I cleaned every conceivable orifice and tube in the carburetor.
Cliff your advice and book are awesome, I recommend it to anyone I come across with a Qjet.

Thank you,

Pete
89 Baja Sunsport 196, Mercruiser 5.7, Alpha 1
Moultonboro Neck, Lake Winnipesaukee, NH
Let's go embarass some big go-fast boats!

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Thank you so much!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 04:58:28 PM »
 Very good to hear and see, Pete. Nice boat!
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Thank you so much!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 04:59:40 PM »
 BTW, I agree, Cliff's book is both amazing and helpful. A wealth of info in it. Thumbsup to Cliff! 8)
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)