Author Topic: primary/Secondary CFM-rating?  (Read 4835 times)

Offline Marx3

• Jet Head
primary/Secondary CFM-rating?
« on: July 27, 2009, 02:07:56 PM »
I was wondering... what is the Cfm rating om the primary side only vs on the secondary side only? for both 750 and 800 Cfm carbs... Has this ever been meazured?

Offline Schurkey

• Carb lover
Re: primary/Secondary CFM-rating?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 02:33:12 PM »
I was wondering... what is the Cfm rating om the primary side only vs on the secondary side only? for both 750 and 800 Cfm carbs... Has this ever been meazured?
So far as I'm aware, the secondary side of the two carbs is the same.  Set 'em up equivalently--same opening angle of the throttle plate and same opening angle of the air valve--and they flow the same.

So the question is how much do the primaries flow; and the obvious answer is that the "big" primaries flow 50 CFM more than the "little" primaries.

By the way, all of the DualJets I looked at seemed to use the "800-style" venturi arrangement.  So another way to frame this question is "how much does a DualJet flow when rated as a 4-barrel carb?"
Demand compensation from Communist China for the damage done by the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Lab, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19).  Trillions of dollars, plus direct compensation to individuals for medical bills, and "wrongful death" settlements.

Offline Marx3

• Jet Head
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 02:21:12 PM »
heh, point taken, but what does a dualjet flow at 3" hg then?

Offline Rocky Rotella

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 08:11:37 PM »
This might help answer your questions.  It's from the Dec 2006 issue of HPP. 

http://www.highperformancepontiac.com/tech/hppp_0612_rochester_quadrajet_carburetor/index.html

Offline Schurkey

• Carb lover
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 11:42:04 PM »
Blast from the past.

Found an airflow chart in a recent thread on another forum.
http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?296829-Checking-on-CFM-size-for-a-1974-455-2bbl

I'm shamelessly re-posting the chart here.
Demand compensation from Communist China for the damage done by the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Lab, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19).  Trillions of dollars, plus direct compensation to individuals for medical bills, and "wrongful death" settlements.

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 07:54:58 AM »
Blast from the past.

Found an airflow chart in a recent thread on another forum.
http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?296829-Checking-on-CFM-size-for-a-1974-455-2bbl

I'm shamelessly re-posting the chart here.

Interesting! Thank you for posting this. :D
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)