Author Topic: Who grinds your drill bits Cliff??  (Read 2717 times)

Offline Mr.Pontiac

• Qjet Hero
Who grinds your drill bits Cliff??
« on: October 26, 2013, 10:05:55 AM »
Curious, Who grinds your drill bits for you when installing bushings???How is it done???

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Who grinds your drill bits Cliff??
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 02:57:10 PM »
I sub them out to a machine shop, 200 at a time, and it is very expensive to get them done.....Cliff

Offline Mr.Pontiac

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 10:19:48 AM »
To who?? share the secret??

Offline StillLearning

• Garage guy
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 03:08:07 PM »
If I had developed a special tool and use it as a profit center in my business, I would not tell you who my supplier is. Give Cliff credit for his business sense and find someone to grind drills to your specs.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 04:53:08 AM »
I've already had my bushing installation set-up copied by someone who was supposed to be a good "friend".  He also copied several other items that were proprietary to my business, and started selling them from his website.  From that point on I do NOT share any specific information about anything that we have made here.

All of our springs are custom wound, fasteners custom made, and we use ethanol compatible pump seals on our accl pumps, not the "soft" blue crap you get in over the counter kits.

The drill bits in question here are very expensive to purchase, and expensive to have ground.  It takes a special process to grind them down and make them suitable for boring into the soft aluminum without binding up.  Finding someone to do this will not be easy, or inexpensive......FWIW.....Cliff