Author Topic: when did the linkage change?  (Read 1750 times)

Offline unruhjonny

• Carb lover
when did the linkage change?
« on: March 06, 2014, 06:56:41 PM »
This one I've wondered about for some time;

As an example, the choke pull off linkage or throttle linkage;
at some point they went from one end using a small clip to keep it in place to one that is bent on the ends...

When the throttle linkage changed, it meant that to remove the rod without removing the top plate meant that the plunger actuator roll pin has to be removed.

I have generally seen what I believe to be untouched original 1969 (OEM) carbs with the clip retained linkage, and 1971 (OEM) seemed to use the non-clip version, but 1970 has seemed to baffle me;

Which style did 1970 use?
When did the change over happen?

Thanks for your insight :)

Offline unruhjonny

• Carb lover
Re: when did the linkage change?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 01:17:12 PM »
does nobody know this?

I would think that people who regularly work on Rocheters would know.

:'(

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 03:47:18 AM »
The link from the choke P/O up to the secondaries and the accl pump link got the bend in them around 1970.  Most 1969 and older units take clips, and pretty much all 1971 and later will be bent.  I've seen them mixed in 1970, so pretty much figure that was the transition year, or close to it.

We stock new accl pump links that take a clip, they are EXCELLENT parts for those who like to do a lot of tuning, beats driving the roll pin out every time you want to take the top off.....Cliff

Offline unruhjonny

• Carb lover
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 08:29:13 AM »
this was exactly my personal hunch;
I have a NOS 'Tech Line' 7040262 that I aqquired some time ago which has the clips, and my 7029268 has the clips, while my other '70 castings seem to be a mix;
I would prefer to use the clip versions - but if the were deemed wrong, I wanted to know.