Author Topic: Lost it  (Read 2625 times)

Offline rob_of_cf

Lost it
« on: April 14, 2014, 08:09:34 PM »
While I was in the process of reassembling my carburetor I lost the small retaining spring for the main metering rods. Since this brought this small part to the forefront of my mind it makes me wonder what the purpose of this small part is and how it helps the carb operate. I would enjoy any enlightenment on this subject as I am eager to learn. I am also forced to try and discover my best means for acquiring a new one to replace it and would accept any advice on that front as well. Right now I have been mainly trying to find a whole unit from a scrap yard but this seems to be becoming a difficult task.

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Lost it
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 08:46:42 PM »
While I was in the process of reassembling my carburetor I lost the small retaining spring for the main metering rods. Since this brought this small part to the forefront of my mind it makes me wonder what the purpose of this small part is and how it helps the carb operate. I would enjoy any enlightenment on this subject as I am eager to learn. I am also forced to try and discover my best means for acquiring a new one to replace it and would accept any advice on that front as well. Right now I have been mainly trying to find a whole unit from a scrap yard but this seems to be becoming a difficult task.

Welcome to CHP!

This one: Early

Or this one: Later

Since you didn't mention carb number, I don't have much to go by. As for its use, not sure. Other than retaining the primary metering rods. :)

Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline rob_of_cf

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 08:58:31 PM »
It is 1703 as listed from edelbrock. The clip is of the latter style you showed there. Sorry for omitting that and thankyou for the greeting.  :D

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 11:54:25 AM »
It is 1703 as listed from edelbrock. The clip is of the latter style you showed there. Sorry for omitting that and thankyou for the greeting.  :D

I would give Cliff a call. He might have one just laying around.
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline rob_of_cf

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 11:15:19 PM »
Thanks and I will give that a try.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 04:52:23 AM »
Yes, we stock them.....Cliff

Offline rob_of_cf

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 08:33:26 AM »
Ordered the retainer today as well as a screw I was missing. The woman on the phone was kind and my service prompt. Hope the shipping is as well. Thank you.