Author Topic: Quadrajet - '69 GTO 400 (non R.Air)  (Read 1975 times)

Offline tweist

Quadrajet - '69 GTO 400 (non R.Air)
« on: February 13, 2015, 05:13:25 PM »
Allright, so based on another topic I posted (slight fuel overflow issue of some type) I started poking around my carb... and not finding the model number i was expecting.

Quadrajet #17080213 (these markings are scored out with 4 deep lines... i have come across some 1705xxxx carbs that were referred to as service replacements)

Standard decoding from what I have researched mean:
1980, 4bbl, Q-Jet, Chevy, Manual Trans.
and
2032 CPX stamped under the quad#.

But, after looking more... The carb looks like a stock 69 to my untrained eye...

Pictures: carb - Album on Imgur (ignore the exposed wires... thats a separate routing / protection issue I will take care of)

So, real world experience... is this worth resolving whatever the fuel overflow issue is... or looking to replace the setup? I have a few months before spring time up here in AK.

Offline carmantx

• Carb lover
  • Quadrajet Power.com
    • Quadrajet Power
Re: Quadrajet - '69 GTO 400 (non R.Air)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 01:57:14 PM »
I think you have an interesting mix of quadrajet parts there.  I would suggest finding a correct early Pontiac carb to work with.  You do have some correct parts there, but not all I don't believe.
'72 Buicks for fun and drag racing
quadrajetpower on facebook

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 03:35:28 AM »
Most likely a Service Replacement carb for the early Pontiac applications.  The torx head screws indicate very late production, but it's still a Pontiac carb from what I can see.  I wouldn't give up on it, most likely just needs good parts and it will be fine.  We can put a kit together for it, even without a good part number for it....Cliff

Offline tweist

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 07:33:17 AM »
Thanks Cliff. If you're willing to out together a kit you've got a buyer. Just let me know what additional information you need, I've got your book on the way.