Author Topic: Carb Info  (Read 2865 times)

Offline 85k10

• Garage guy
Carb Info
« on: July 26, 2015, 03:11:32 PM »
hey guys, new to the forum but have been following the site for several years. Cliff I bought your book several years ago and a kit which seemed to work good on my near stock 454that I transplanted in my truck. imve got a carb #17095212 0375 hpa id like to get stock rod/jet combo info for. also when i try to bolt my front pull off up my fuel inlet is in the way does anybody provide diagrams on how this linkage is supposed to go? thanks guys

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Carb Info
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 04:16:51 PM »
hey guys, new to the forum but have been following the site for several years. Cliff I bought your book several years ago and a kit which seemed to work good on my near stock 454that I transplanted in my truck. imve got a carb #17095212 0375 hpa id like to get stock rod/jet combo info for. also when i try to bolt my front pull off up my fuel inlet is in the way does anybody provide diagrams on how this linkage is supposed to go? thanks guys

Welcome to CHP!

Stock specs for carb 17059212 were .072" Primary Jets, 52M Primary Metering Rods, "K" Secondary Hanger and DH Secondary Metering Rods. It is also off a 1979 Chevrolet/GMC Truck, 454cid.

As for the choke pull-off, can you post a photo? :)
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline 85k10

• Garage guy
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 08:32:11 AM »
Ethan thanks for the response. Did you check on a 17095212 as i was thinking it was a later carb with the 1709 and the 0375. Can you tell me what the HPA stands for? Appreciate your help and i will try to post a picture tonight.Thanks

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 12:06:58 PM »
Ethan thanks for the response. Did you check on a 17095212 as i was thinking it was a later carb with the 1709 and the 0375. Can you tell me what the HPA stands for? Appreciate your help and i will try to post a picture tonight.Thanks

I do not believe there was EVER a 1709 Qjet. The 0375 would indicate 1975 though. Please post a photo of the boss where the stamping is at on the driver's side. As for the HPA, I believe that is some sort of code used to identify which car it was assembled on. Could be wrong, but it is insignificant now.  :)
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline 85k10

• Garage guy
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 07:24:12 PM »
ethan

]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
]\
Ethan these old eyes aint what they used to be! thought it might be a service replacement with the high #s. its 17085212 and again really sorry for all the trouble.

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 07:48:50 PM »
 Sadly, Rochester did not give 1981-UP Quadrajets there "factory" specs. But my manual does have it in there.

.075" Primary Jets, 61S Primary Metering Rods, "K" Secondary Hanger and EF Secondary Metering Rods.

I believe that is a Motorhome, 454cid carb as well.

Any photo of the primary choke pull-off?
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 07:24:24 AM »
The "motorhome" carbs also came with .076" main jets, but all used the .060" full tapered metering rods that I've seen.

There are deviations from all of the posted literature when it comes to jet/rod sizes used in any particular carb number, so it's basically for reference.....Cliff

Offline 85k10

• Garage guy
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 10:35:28 AM »
hey everybody, just wanting to thank everybody for getting back to me. Still no luck on the primary pull off and cant remember it it was on it by the time I got it. So look for me to be ordering one shortly, again thanks