Author Topic: Suitable core  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Jeff1

• Garage guy
Suitable core
« on: March 18, 2016, 07:00:17 AM »
Hello all
       I have a quadrajet core 17082224 that I would like to use in our 1957 gmc 3100 truck.  We are going to use a new gm 350 long block crate motor. The 190 horse version. The truck is equipped with a three on the tree and power steering.  This is a purely stock motor wt Rams horn exhaust into duals wt h pipe.  Would this be a good starting point quadrajet to use? It is in great shape electric choke , rear choke pull off , and electric fast idle soliend. Cam is stock wt a 112 LSA.
Thanks to all that reply. Thanks to Cliff for the forum !!!

Offline carmantx

• Carb lover
  • Quadrajet Power.com
    • Quadrajet Power
Re: Suitable core
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 12:49:17 PM »
I prefer the front pull off units myself.  Other than that, I would think it is a good starting point.
'72 Buicks for fun and drag racing
quadrajetpower on facebook

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Suitable core
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 05:49:00 AM »
The rear pull-off models work fine, but the pull-off sticks back pretty far and on some set-ups can interfere with other items on the intake.

We stock all the parts for those, including the pull-offs which are starting to become a bit difficult to obtain as they are cutting part numbers out of the catalogs all the time.

We always replace the factory E-chokes, they usually fail shortly after being placed in service on older cores, and it's always a good idea to put a new pull-off on as well, as the failure rate for them is pretty high as well. 

One has to consider that those parts are often 30-40 years old!.......Cliff