Author Topic: Base plate repair or replace  (Read 1835 times)

Offline trans am greg

• Garage guy
Base plate repair or replace
« on: September 07, 2016, 11:47:38 AM »
I have a base plate from a 17057262 that is broken at the Pri. throttle shaft bore. Not sure if it can be fixed. What would be a good replacement to use.
Thanks,
Greg

Offline omaha

• Jet Head
Re: Base plate repair or replace
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 05:29:06 AM »
The throttle shaft area is sometimes repairable unless it has a crack going all the way though to the inner part of the bore are. If that is the case I would not trust a repair. Yeah you could weld it up and machine it but finding a replacement is not all that hard.I would think that an Oldsmobile one could serve as a good replacement. You would need to swap the primary throttle shaft from your old carb as I think the linkages are slightly different. I think I have a some laying around. Does your base plate have bypass air passages. I'll go look. Where are you at {city, state}? I do not think that I have any Pontiac versions. {not sure though}.

Offline trans am greg

• Garage guy
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 05:55:46 AM »
I don't think it is broke all the way just a "V" chunk at the end. The shaft may have a bend to it but not sure, I still need to take it apart. Yes it has bypass air. I am located in West Caldwell, NJ.
 Thanks for the reply omaha
 Greg

Offline omaha

• Jet Head
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 08:03:21 AM »
got a couple that I think would match. you may need to drill the bypass air holes.[not a big deal]. Hey,  I used to live up that way for a while in Parsippany.