Author Topic: Looking at a 7026250  (Read 4727 times)

Offline Mudsport96

• Carb lover
Re: Looking at a 7026250
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2016, 05:11:29 AM »
From what I have seen on this carb, and the link you posted Ethan. And on a different thread on here. This variant of "diffuser" is from what I have seen always on the passenger side of the carb. So I went picture hunting of factory intakes.. And from the best I can see ( people don't seem to take good pics of iron intakes) the passenger side is the "shallow" side of the intake. Whereas the driver side has the deeper runners that run along the oil galley side of the intake. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG on that I know Ponchos are a separated style intake. But maybe this was a a thought to help atomise the mix better before it slammed into the intake floor to avert pooling of fuel?? But, you would think at the air speed required to open the secondary side, that there wouldn't be pooling.

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Looking at a 7026250
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2016, 06:15:26 AM »
From what I have seen on this carb, and the link you posted Ethan. And on a different thread on here. This variant of "diffuser" is from what I have seen always on the passenger side of the carb. So I went picture hunting of factory intakes.. And from the best I can see ( people don't seem to take good pics of iron intakes) the passenger side is the "shallow" side of the intake. Whereas the driver side has the deeper runners that run along the oil galley side of the intake. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG on that I know Ponchos are a separated style intake. But maybe this was a a thought to help atomise the mix better before it slammed into the intake floor to avert pooling of fuel?? But, you would think at the air speed required to open the secondary side, that there wouldn't be pooling.

Could have been, bud. Only a Rochester engineer would know, lol.
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)