Author Topic: Round Carb Tag Transfer  (Read 1684 times)

Offline gokitty

Round Carb Tag Transfer
« on: February 23, 2017, 04:16:34 PM »
My 67 7027262 carb body crumbled. Located a good 67 7027262 body. Carb now rebuilt using the original top and bottom together with the replacement body. The crumbled body has a good,round 70262 tag that I would like to safely transfer to the "new"carb and securely fasten it to the host carb body. Any suggestions as to the best way to do this? Thanks!

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Round Carb Tag Transfer
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 02:58:34 AM »
They can be very difficult to remove w/o damaging them.  Not sure if there is a good way or not as they are staked in several places to retain them.

I've managed to remove a few without tools by blowing compressed air into the little hole in the center, just make sure it doesn't fall down behind the work bench.  We lost one a few years ago using that method and never did find it......Cliff

Offline gokitty

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 08:30:40 AM »
Thank you,Cliff. The tag is going on a body which had an inlet repair you did for our friend Mike in Texas in November/December '17.

Offline gokitty

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 04:14:59 PM »
Oops!Happy fingers on the keyboard. "Mike" should read as "Mark".

Offline Mr.Pontiac

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 08:32:55 PM »
My 2 cents worth if i may, take a very pointed scribe and pull enter up ever so slowly, then lay a rag over it then pump the air to it.