Author Topic: New Website New Forum  (Read 2448 times)

Offline jamesF

• Global Moderator
  • Carb lover
New Website New Forum
« on: May 03, 2017, 03:48:32 PM »
For reasons unknown, the HOST where I've had the site and forum for 8 years moved our content to a new web server and a new Database server. They have done this before without telling me, but I was able to fix it in the past fairly easily.
This time they also changed some software, that made the forum and the site, break down beyond reasonable repair.. Threw a rod so to speak.

All the work it took to get this rebuilt became a "Might as well" and the new website happened. I was using Flash on the Menu of the old site and it will become a problem in future web browsers anyhow...

Another upgrade in the next year will be coming as well but I think this one will hold us over.
I ditched the old custom forum styling as it to was going to become a problem with the newest versions of the browsers.

This is all new code so if you see anything let me know.

James
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 04:24:11 PM by jamesF »

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: New Website New Forum
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 06:02:37 PM »
For reasons unknown, the HOST where I've had the site and forum for 8 years moved our content to a new web server and a new Database server. They have done this before without telling me, but I was able to fix it in the past fairly easily.
This time they also changed some software, that made the forum and the site, break down beyond reasonable repair.. Threw a rod so to speak.

All the work it took to get this rebuilt became a "Might as well" and the new website happened. I was using Flash on the Menu of the old site and it will become a problem in future web browsers anyhow...

Another upgrade in the next year will be coming as well but I think this one will hold us over.
I ditched the old custom forum styling as it to was going to become a problem with the newest versions of the browsers.

This is all new code so if you see anything let me know.

James

Thanks for your work, James! There is a problem in the Quadrajet Carb Talk and Tips though. There is 3-4 topics missing. One was from a guy called mother$hip89 and I can't remember the other guys name. Are you able to locate there topics for them?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 06:07:16 PM by Ethan1 »
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline Hotrodssnova

• Garage guy
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 04:28:29 AM »
That was me. I had to re register.  The topic was on a marine carb for use on a street and trail jeep. The topic is gone. I must say, the new layout is a lot easier to read with these old eyes!

Offline jamesF

• Global Moderator
  • Carb lover
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 06:04:27 AM »
I'm sorry guys. I may not be able to find those.. I'll look today.. I apologize for that. It was a bigger task than anticipated and there was a day there where the old forum was still limping along while I had the other one in the works.