Author Topic: vacuum at WOT  (Read 7046 times)

Offline Miles

• Garage guy
Re: vacuum at WOT
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2018, 06:10:10 AM »
Have about four hours on the new build. I can hear the solid lifters but a lot quieter than it ran with the crappy Comp hydraulic rollers.

I think I can feel a little less torque with this camshaft but that could be my imagination as I expect it to have a bit less than the SP. So far happy with it.
Ran out of money buying all the parts and getting the crank ground so I couldn't afford to dyno it before I put it in the car. Wont know how it compares to the SP with the hydraulic lifters. The Torque Masters car club from Sidney on Vancouver Island are having a dyno day in Victoria. I'm going over there on Saturday, will do a couple pulls on the chassis dyno, Wont be a direct comparison but I'll know what it's doing at the wheels.

Cliff you mentioned you removed or replaced every set of PRW rockers you've installed or sold and also mentioned 455 builds. You must be doing more than Quadrajets, do you also have an engine building shop?

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: vacuum at WOT
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2018, 04:24:44 AM »
Yes, but we quit doing engines (that require shipping) a couple of years ago.  We still do a few here and there, mostly for our own vehicles. 

There just isn't any money to be made in that sort of work, they take up WAY too much room and WAY too long to get them finished, plus it's never easy, always lots of problems/obstacles to overcome along the way.

We also do transmissions, but not that many these days, and once in a while set up a diff, but for the most part carburetors and distributors are the main stay here......Cliff