Author Topic: best way to get in touch  (Read 2643 times)

Offline jaros44sr

best way to get in touch
« on: June 01, 2010, 09:57:15 AM »
Just got my income tax money and I'm ready to move on a rebuild...questions? yes, I have lots!

Your phone is always busy, so that is not an option. Also, on your home page the phone number is wrong, listed as 3921 s/b 2921

Sooo, if this is the right format, I'll keep in touch thru the forum

Thank you for your time

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: best way to get in touch
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 04:11:34 AM »
The best way to get hold of us for parts, carb rebuilding, etc is by phone, if we don't answer leave a good number and specific message and we'll call you back.  The only time a phone call isn't answered M-F 8am to 5pm, is because the girls are taking an order from someone else.  They will call you back if you leave a message that you need parts, kit, etc.

For tech stuff, email or the Forum, as it is IMPOSSIBLE to answer all phone calls and call everyone back with specific tech questions.  I spend a few afternoons each week returning most phone calls, but there is not enough time to return all of them.

Deb or Marie call back customers needing parts, or wanting to send carburetors in for rebuilding, etc......Cliff

Offline jaros44sr

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 09:58:24 AM »
Cliff, thank you for your response! Got in touch by phone on Tues. and it seems by our conversation you have all the answers for my carb problems

I agree with you and my first step should be to buy the book, from there I will disassemble and send the parts off to you that have to have additional work performed....plating, rebushed, venting(steep angle inclines) flatness of the base and needed parts and kits

Gave my son my 1406 because I bought a cruise control for the '72 GMC Jimmy(6 year project) and it will be a lot easier to hook up with factory brackets and such. I have all the correct directions from the factory, so it is time to rebuild the Q-jet

I cannot express my thanks enough to have such a valuable tool at my fingertips and an actual person to listen and answer my problems (carb only) ;)

Can we link pics to this forum?

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 03:23:42 AM »
I see an "insert image" icon above, but I'm not good with computer stuff.

[img][img]

Looks like it works!.....Cliff

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 03:25:23 AM »

It worked twice, but I'm not exactly sure how it did it?.....Cliff

Offline jamesF

• Global Moderator
  • Carb lover
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 07:03:56 AM »
Please read this post for info on adding or linking to pictures.
http://cliffshighperformance.dreamhosters.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=326.0

--
James