Author Topic: Open Adjustable Part Throttle Hole  (Read 454 times)

Offline jklmmorr@gmail.com

Open Adjustable Part Throttle Hole
« on: September 03, 2024, 12:43:02 PM »
I obtained my 1969 Hurst 455in 2022 and it came with a carburetor number 7029252, which is from a Tornado.  I know the correct carb number for the car is 7029251.  I just finished rebuilding the 29252 carb with a rebuild kit I bought from Cliff's High Performance last year.  I am still fine tuning the carb, but it might need more work.  In the meantime, the previous owner sent me a 29521 carb which he believes to be the car's original carb. (See pictures.) Based on the finish, the carb has been worked over, but the previous owner says it has a gas leak in the fuel connection/filter.  I have not had a chance to install the connections check it for a leak.  However, the carb has corrosion on the base plate, including the seal on the center adjustable part throttle port/screw.  (See pictures.)  I see the center port/screw is sealed on the other carb I have.   See 1969 Olds CSM pg 6M-30 Fig 6M-77.  How can I seal that hole?  I want to make sure the base plate is repairable before I order another rebuild kit and other parts from Cliff. 

Thanks
Jay

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Open Adjustable Part Throttle Hole
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2024, 03:46:04 AM »
If you aren't going to use the APT feature just melt some lead from a wheel weight into the hole and smack it with a flat punch....