Author Topic: QJet not going WOT  (Read 1815 times)

Offline tayto

• Carb lover
QJet not going WOT
« on: October 31, 2021, 11:12:15 AM »
Have been fighting this issue since I got my truck running. WOT only goes about 75% with the gas pedal. I can roll the throttle to WOT with my hand. Have tried bending gas pedal where throttle cable hooks up, tried with and without floor mat, replaced throttle cable, tried with 1 or no return springs. Narrowed the problem down to the TV cable, with it disconnecting it goes almost to wot (let's say 95%). Transmission is a 700R4. Stock linkage, stock intake, carb is from this truck which originally had a 700R4, so bellcrank should be correct. Has new AC Delco TV cable and using Transgo's "updated" TV valve lineup. I think this is where the problem lies. I read an obscure post from Bowtie Overdrives from about 20 years ago saying that this is a know issue with Transgo's TV valve and Qjet's but offered no fix for it. Any ideas?

Offline Kenth

• Jet Head
Re: QJet not going WOT
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 12:27:28 PM »
These guys might have some answers.
https://transgo.com/contact-us/

Offline tayto

• Carb lover
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 02:23:25 PM »
Have you ever dealt with Transgo tech support?

Offline Handyman57

• Garage guy
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2024, 08:33:42 PM »
I've ran into the same issue on a Demon carb with a 700r4. TV cable wouldn't adjust correctly even with a new cable and all the correct brackets causing no kickdown and secondarys not opening up all the way. Ended up taking the trans pan off and making my own bracket for the linkage and readjusting it probably 25 times until the geometry was correct making the cable close the valve all the way in the trans and open the secondarys all the way.