Author Topic: Speedy recovery Cliff!  (Read 3963 times)

Offline jamesF

• Global Moderator
  • Carb lover
Speedy recovery Cliff!
« on: December 20, 2010, 07:48:40 PM »
Here's a toast to Cliff and to a speedy recovery from his recent "old age" related crap...
I'm right there with ya buddy..

I'm hoisting an adult beverage as we speak... er...age...
It's a BYOT party..

BYOT:  Bring Your Own Teeth

GGLKI (Gotta Go, Laxative  Kicking In)

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Speedy recovery Cliff!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 12:05:12 PM »
Thanks, been flat on my back since the surgury.  The girls (Sammy, Sophie and Dutchess) are taking good care of me.

Hopefully I'll be back to work next week....Cliff

Offline kelley555

• Garage guy
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 10:21:09 PM »
Cliff,I hope you get well soon & also the surgery isn't  anything major. Didn't realize you were having surgery. Kinda a Bumer for the holidays!  By the looks of the photo,looks like someone did plenty of chainsaw cutting. Good lookin group of dogs. Later Kelley 
Kelley555

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 03:19:06 AM »
Yep, we cut a LOT of firewood here.  As you can see I have plenty of help too!  Feeling a lot better today........Cliff

Offline billy 2

• Carb lover
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 07:02:13 AM »
Cliff,
We were on vacation last year in your neck of the woods and love that part of the country.  Sorry we couldn't stop by, but it was a family vacation and I got outvoted!!  Bummer!
I want to wish you a speedy and complete recovery.  I will keep you in my prayers. 
Merry Christmas!!
billy 2

Offline omaha

• Jet Head
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 05:45:33 PM »
get well soon.    Big tree.........be careful!!    Wish I could burn firewood in our shop. Insurance thing.

Offline kelley555

• Garage guy
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 08:09:44 PM »
Hernia surgery is tuff.Three times,man,that's a bunch. My brother had the mesh put in to help spport, during his hernia surgery. I guess we're not as invicible as we were in our younger days. Jerking & lifting no matter what. I had a Micro-lamaectomy back surgery in 1991,that's was enough for me. It made me watch how I lifted & jerked things around. I try to keep the old gut in descent shape to help support the back. So far,knock on wood,I haven't been back,a wake up call. Makes me wonder how I survived the old Army basic training days. It's called ! Younger ! . Later Kelley
Kelley555

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 04:21:28 AM »
I'm still laid up a bit from the surgury, but feeling a LOT better.  Man it sux to get old.  I can do everything I could when I was 20, just takes 3 times as long to recover!......Cliff

Offline JimC

• Garage guy
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 09:55:27 PM »
Here is a tip for all, "never have hernia surgery the week before Christmas".  I know, I did.  Seeing the chainsaws in the picture reminds me of how I got mine.

It has been over a year and it still hurts, but so what!

Hope you feel better.

Jim