Author Topic: sorry, more drill bit questions.  (Read 2842 times)

Offline omaha

• Jet Head
sorry, more drill bit questions.
« on: January 03, 2010, 08:30:34 PM »
Has anybody had any experience with the bits sold at Grainger's. They have a #61-#80 set for about $40.
Supposedly made by Chicago Latrobe. Of course they also have the #1 - #60 sets. One of the sets is a Cle-line. They also have the metric bits, 1 - 6mm by .5  or 1 - 13 by .5 and of course the fractional sets and the letter sets. I just thought this would be convenient for me as one store is close by.

Offline Schurkey

• Carb lover
Re: sorry, more drill bit questions.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 07:25:41 AM »
I have very limited experience with Graingers.

That limited experience leads me to think that Graingers carries NOTHING you can't get elsewhere, at considerably reduced price.

But if it's local, and you need it NOW...
Demand compensation from Communist China for the damage done by the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Lab, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19).  Trillions of dollars, plus direct compensation to individuals for medical bills, and "wrongful death" settlements.

Offline slowpoke

• Garage guy
Re: sorry, more drill bit questions.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 06:38:36 PM »
I have some of the cle-line bits and they are excellent they cut good and hold an edge and are split point so they start good without a pilot hole.
grainger is a little bit high sometimes the place i used to work at had a purchasing agreement and we got a huge discount on their items.
I used to have a machine shop and a good place to order drill bits and related items was J&L industrial supply   I think they may be part of MSC industrial supply now but they had good prices and offered import and US made items and they shipped same day most of the time.