Author Topic: Need to know what parts are needed!  (Read 1947 times)

Offline camaronoobie

Need to know what parts are needed!
« on: January 28, 2012, 10:07:58 PM »
 I have a quadrajet # 17059253, its going on a 68 camaro with a mildy built motor.. It has stock heads from a 60-67 for a 283/327, but the intake is cast iron and from a 72 350.. The only aftermarket parts are long tube hedders and a cam (dont know what type as it was in the car pior to purchase along with the hedders) but at idle produces about 11 vaccum( not in gear ). The qjet was given to me by a friend but is in need of a serious rebuild (caught on fire) I know the carb came off a 79 Pontiac with a 403, and the specs call for 73 main jets, 55 main rod and the sec rod is a CV .0530L(long tip) but the hanger is no good and the power piston looks like a rusty gobblin chewed it all up.. I have no clue as to what parts are needed or if the same ones will work, just brand new. HELP PLEASE! plan on purchasing parts from cliff!!

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Need to know what parts are needed!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 05:29:57 AM »
It will need our HP kit, new hanger and power piston.  I would replace the primary jets and metering rods, the CV's are fine for the secondaries.  When you get time, call the shop and we'll get what you need headed your way.  We have everything you would need to rebuild that carburetor number....Cliff