Author Topic: 2bbl question  (Read 2270 times)

Offline bober

• Carb lover
2bbl question
« on: February 29, 2012, 04:12:11 PM »
I know it's not a q/jet !!! Would anyone have the correct # of the 2 bbl carb that 's on my 76 f/bird ? It's a 350 pontiac w/2bbl ,a/c auto ! I think the code is m .

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: 2bbl question
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 05:24:51 PM »
 bober,
 It would be carb number 17056171. :D
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline bober

• Carb lover
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 06:19:08 AM »
Thanks for the info , I have a couple of running issuues w/the 350 I have now and I'm not sure but I think it's a carb related problem . I'm going to swap the 2 for a 4 soon but I wanted to rebuild the 2 and see if that corrected the problem before I added more problems . When I'm traveling along at 40-50 it seems it slows then runs and slows then runs . It won't keep a steady rpm. It's not extreme but enough to notice. It also has a problem w/gas running into the engine after it's turned off and restarted 5-10 min. later. lt has to crank for awhile to start again . It always runs and idles good and runs well on accelleration . I have changed ,cap,plugs,wires,gas lines ,tank, all but carb and f/pump. These problems are kind of sporatic as it doesn't seem to do this all the time ! I just want to get it runnig good before I do any more to it ! Thanks again

Offline Schurkey

• Carb lover
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 10:52:22 AM »
Two Jet?  It's rare to find one where the screws are tight enough.

Lean over the fender, grab the fuel tube where it screws into the carb.  Push 'n' pull on the fuel tube, I bet the upper part of the carb wiggles back and forth.

Because of the idle speed screw and fast idle cam arrangement, as the carb wiggles back and forth, the idle speed will not be consistent.

The gaskets compress, and the screws become loose, allowing this relative movement.
Demand compensation from Communist China for the damage done by the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Lab, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19).  Trillions of dollars, plus direct compensation to individuals for medical bills, and "wrongful death" settlements.

Offline bober

• Carb lover
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 03:00:08 PM »
The carb has to come off to tighten or replace that gasket or is that a diff carb I'm thinking of ? I haven't got the car here to look at at this time but I'll look at it first chance I get , That does sound like that very well could be a good share of problem > Thanks again !!!