Author Topic: dui dist.  (Read 2547 times)

Offline 429bbf

• Qjet Hero
dui dist.
« on: March 04, 2012, 01:29:38 PM »
davis unified ignition total POS i ordered one for my 385 series bbf they send me one for an fe series .i call the guy he says i ordered the wrong no.so i ask him what no. to order . same one i ordered the first time. i install the right one in my engine.im test fitting so i only have the cam and timing chain in the block. when i get it in the hole its to tall and the cam gear doesnt mess properly with the dist. gear . if i would have waited to install it last i would not have noticed this . second problem this is after i send it back and have the length fixed. i roll the engine over with it installed it binds on the upper shaft by the weights. i stick it in a vice and use a dial ind. and check  the runout on the end of the shaft .018 . i call the guy he says knock the roll pin out and flip the shaft over . .014 run out i send it back they say there is nothing wrong with it .i finally get pissed and tell them i want my money back they refuse because they build them on demand for every engine.after steaming for a while i told them to send it to me and i would fix it .i took it to my buddy who ownes a machine shop and we built a new lower shaft.if i did repair work like this people would drag me behind a pickup on a gravel road till i fixed it.this whole process took 2months and i ended up paying for frieght for some thing that i didnt build.maybe im the only guy nthat had this problem . but i bet most people dont even check this stuff when they build an engine because they expect it to be right when you pay 350.00 for a dist.sorry for the rave just had to let people know. dean

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: dui dist.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 04:11:25 AM »
YIKES!!!.....Cliff