Author Topic: booster venturi wear?  (Read 1988 times)

Offline blarson

• Garage guy
booster venturi wear?
« on: April 28, 2012, 02:26:22 PM »
What would cause wear on the air inlet side of the booster venturis?  I popper my air horn off and was surprised to see what appeared to me to be a lot of wear.  A sticker on the side of the carb indicates that it was remanufactured by Holley at one time.  Do they use a pair of pliers to pull these booster venturi rings and insert substitutes or is it possible that intake backfire caused the problem?  Thanks!

Offline blarson

• Garage guy
Re: booster venturi wear?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 03:55:38 PM »
I took another look at it in the interest of trying to better describe what I'm seeing.  I think some of the wear looks like pitting.....

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 02:34:26 AM »
I've seen worn boosters before, always on remanufactured carburetors.  Holley is about the worst company out there doing "remanufactured" Q-jets.  They are ALWAYS a mess!.....Cliff

Offline Schurkey

• Carb lover
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 07:37:34 PM »
Not "wear", but erosion from an acid bath???
Demand compensation from Communist China for the damage done by the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Lab, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19).  Trillions of dollars, plus direct compensation to individuals for medical bills, and "wrongful death" settlements.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 04:19:07 AM »
Yes, probably from the "acid bath".  Holley also "tumbles" the airhorns, and the fuel nozzles are almost always bent and mangled up as well, driven in too far, etc.  I HATE so see any remanufactured units coming in here, especially those from Holley.

I suspect they farmed that work out South of the Border someplace.  I'd hate to admit that an American Company did such crappy work then put their label on it......Cliff