Author Topic: Jeep/AMC 360  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Jwillettgn

Jeep/AMC 360
« on: April 08, 2013, 12:07:04 PM »
Looking to put a Q-Jet on my 83 Jeep J-10. The engine is stock and compresson checks from 140-170 psi and it's a 4 speed T-18 and 2:73 gears. My friend found me a 17085226 at The Auto Fair this weekend for $15.00. As of now the truck came to me with a Holly 500 CFM 2 barrel that runs and drives great but at 7.5 mpg. I will be taking the truck off road and the Q-Jet has a good rep for being good off road so that is the way I will be going. I have an edelbrock performer intake I can inatall and use an adaptor (I know). I also have a square bore cast iron stock intake I can use as well. What rebuild kit do I need and how do I address the accelerator pump?

Thanks,
Jim

Cliff, your Turbo 400 book has been a great help to me and my son, thanks!

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Jeep/AMC 360
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 03:51:36 AM »
Jim, nice carb for what you are doing.  Our SR kit would be fine, make sure the choke pull-off and E-choke are working correctly.  What engine are you going to use it on?  Any modifications to the engine?.....Cliff

Offline Jwillettgn

Re: Jeep/AMC 360
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 08:01:33 AM »
Cliff,

The engine is a stock 1983 AMC 360 with a T-18 4 speed behind it. I hope to order your book and the carb kit next week and get started an this project. I may need you trans swap book to as we are putting a LS motor into one of our Jeeps with a Turbo 400 and having problems with the converter bolt pattern on the flex plate. We used the Advanced Adaptors flex plate that came with their kit. The kit came with the .400" spacer to make up for the difference in the LS's crank set back.

Thanks for the help,
Jim Willett