Author Topic: a true pontiac quadrajet  (Read 3798 times)

Offline motman

• Garage guy
a true pontiac quadrajet
« on: April 26, 2009, 06:49:00 PM »
Cliff, i opened the top of a carb that i came across. its a true 77 pontiac q-jet 1705 now the question is why would this carb have an old school pump. let me explain. almost all the newer carbs have the pump with the spring around the rubber part to insure good contact with the well sides. now this one looks like from the old school q-jets, its longer and has no spring around the rubber part and is quite a bit longer. all im askin do you think its the wrong pump??? thanks motman
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 06:50:39 PM by motman »

Offline Schurkey

• Carb lover
Re: a true pontiac quadrajet
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 08:14:05 AM »
Generic replacement from a low-budget carb kit???

I ordered two pumps from Cliff last week.
Demand compensation from Communist China for the damage done by the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Lab, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19).  Trillions of dollars, plus direct compensation to individuals for medical bills, and "wrongful death" settlements.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 05:18:33 AM »
Agreed.  All q-jet accl pumps will basically interchange or fit into any year or model, someone must have placed in there, or it came in a kit as mentioned in the first response.

Current fuel blends require a good pump made of hard plastic, and a good grade blue seal with garter spring.

We've seen quite a few of the soft white plastic pumps that come in over the counter kits fail in recent years.  Our pumps to date have a 100 percent success rate, note on failure of the pump or seal that we know about......Cliff

Offline Shaker455

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 03:46:39 PM »
Hey Cliff,
 Nice forum you have here!

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 04:56:25 AM »
Thanks and welcome aboard!....Cliff