Author Topic: Accelerator pumps and seals  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Accelerator pumps and seals
« on: June 27, 2013, 05:04:15 AM »
Just a note, as we continue to see a LOT of accl pump failures with this new fuel.

The pump we sell is NOT, I repeat NOT the same pump that you get in a NAPA kit, or from anyone else.  Our pump is from a major supplier, and gets our custom wound springs sent with it.

We also install our own seal on the pump, it is impervious to ethanol, alcohol, methanol, etc.  I'm getting scores of calls and emails daily from folks who are having issues, and the first thing they tell me is that they just replaced the pump with a NAPA or brand "X" pump with a "blue" seal on it. 

Below is a pick of the seals that we remove from the pumps that we buy.  Our seal is darker blue, and tough as nails, and doesn't swell up and get soft/punky in this new fuel.....Cliff

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Accelerator pumps and seals
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 07:44:26 PM »
Just a note, as we continue to see a LOT of accl pump failures with this new fuel.

The pump we sell is NOT, I repeat NOT the same pump that you get in a NAPA kit, or from anyone else.  Our pump is from a major supplier, and gets our custom wound springs sent with it.

We also install our own seal on the pump, it is impervious to ethanol, alcohol, methanol, etc.  I'm getting scores of calls and emails daily from folks who are having issues, and the first thing they tell me is that they just replaced the pump with a NAPA or brand "X" pump with a "blue" seal on it. 

Below is a pick of the seals that we remove from the pumps that we buy.  Our seal is darker blue, and tough as nails, and doesn't swell up and get soft/punky in this new fuel.....Cliff

I agree, Cliff. Some of the accelerator pump seals I've seen are "ethanol resistant" but yet, they still harden and decay after use with today's fuel. Pretty sad when places mis-represent what they are selling. For the Qjets I will be sending you in the near future, I will buy all kits/parts from YOU and YOU only! Have a great day, Cliff.
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)