Author Topic: ford manifolds  (Read 3227 times)

Offline joe dirt

ford manifolds
« on: July 20, 2009, 09:07:10 AM »
Hello all,

I have decided to go with the qjet on my 69 cougar with a 351w. The question Is does anyone make a spread bore manifold for the Windsor?  If I have to use a adapter, what adapter-manifold combination would work the best. The motor is stock with full length headers.

Thanks

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: ford manifolds
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 06:13:58 PM »
Ford made some spread bore manifolds but they were for the 429/460 engines nearly as I can remember. 

I did one dyno test about 10 years ago using a custom spacer/adapter to put a q-jet on a Pontiac Torker II intake, and it only gave up a few HP over an 850 Demon bolted directly to the intake.

No street or track testing was done to see how well it actually worked, but it didn't give up nearly the top end power than I was expecting.....Cliff

Offline joe dirt

Re: ford manifolds
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 06:46:29 PM »
Cliff,

Thanks. I have seen the ones for the the big blocks, and there is also one for the 302 boss (cheaper  to buy a new car)  It looks I will go with an adapter and do what ever removal of material will be needed. I will be in touch with your shop about getting a rebuild kit or maybe a full rebuild.

Thanks again, C