Author Topic: Part Identification Help  (Read 3650 times)

Offline AJMuller

Part Identification Help
« on: March 19, 2014, 04:22:20 PM »
So, my son's project became mine.  He disassembled the Quadraject from his '88 Monte Carlo SS and I received bags and bags of parts, some labeled, some cryptically labeled and some with no ID.  Does anyone know what this part is from the carb (guess technically it may not even go to the carb).  I have identified pretty much everything else and cannot find this one in any book or blowup I have looked at so far.

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Part Identification Help
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 04:43:31 PM »
 Welcome to CHP!

What carb number? Looks to be the plastic insert that goes in the front-right part of the fuel bowl.

http://www.78ta.com/HTAF/index.php?topic=19688.0
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline makomark

• Garage guy
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 06:00:27 PM »
on the m4me types....called the aneroid cavity insert.

I would have thought an '88 would have been the electronic version...

Offline 429bbf

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 06:37:36 AM »
AJ i don't believe that goes in the carb.if it was an older unit(somewhere between 1975-80 ) it would go where ethan said.if it was a newer unit (which it should have like mako said) it would have a solenoid in the right front corner with a couple of wires that hook to it.most 1981 and newer cars all had electronic carbs. the 1 ton chevy cab and chassis all had the mechanical carb until appox. 1988.can you post a picture of the bowl and someone will be sure to help you out.

Offline AJMuller

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 07:28:31 AM »
I don't think the picture is clearly showing the part.  I looked up the part referenced above and it is way bigger than this thing.  This is maybe 5/8" of an inch at the top part with the hole, narrowing all the way down to about 1/4" at the bottom.  Inside it has a spring and a plastic plunger on top of it.

I spoke with my son and he is absolutely insistent it came out of the carb but could not remember where.

For reference, the casting number for the carb is 17087129 which I believe makes it a R4-E4ME.  It is definitely a CCC carb with a TPS and Mixture Solenoid.

thanks for all the help, it is appreciated.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 05:31:13 AM »
Looks like the anti-drainback valve that was in the old fuel filter, it is not needed....Cliff

Offline AJMuller

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 05:52:20 AM »
Thank you!!!

Offline HeathD

• Garage guy
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 10:44:35 PM »
Are there any poster sized diagrams (exploded) of q jets or parts produced anywhere?

Might be nice to have something on the wall instead of having to flick through my books.

Offline nick fitz

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 05:26:04 PM »
I would buy one. Did you ever find anything like that?