Author Topic: Cliff's 44 primary rods compared to 44K rods and power piston spring selection  (Read 2594 times)

Offline olds350

• Garage guy
I still have a slight hesitation and have my 44K rods, APT up all the way with 72 jets. I am running Cliff's dark blue spring, wonder if I should try the dark green spring? I have around 18" of vacuum at idle. Pretty sure I had no miss till I pulled the original power piston spring. But I also swapped jets and my top gasket was pretty bad. I went up one jet size and put on a new top gasket with  the same spring.

Offline olds350

• Garage guy
I am still running 44K rods.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
What is the carburetor number?

Did you install one of our kits in it?.....Cliff

Offline olds350

• Garage guy
I didn't put a complete kit in it, guess that will be next. It runs fine but has the dead spot just off idle, otherwise fine. It is a 76 Holley remanned carb, has been great for years. I also have a 78 403 carb I can rebuild. Cliff are your 44 rods different than the 44K rods? I swapped accelerator pumps, did nothing. Could it be the power piston spring?

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
44K rods are two step, the upper section is .044 tapering down to .039".

Our 44 rods are .044" all the way down to .026" tips, or full tapered.  They taper gently at first, then quickly down to the .026" tips.  I use them instead of the K rods as they have a much broader range of control when raising up the APT screw.....Cliff