Author Topic: Preping to purchase a kit  (Read 1808 times)

Offline 58chev

• Garage guy
Preping to purchase a kit
« on: December 10, 2014, 09:54:29 AM »

After getting my free advice from Cliff, I figured I join up and get the full jist of what my Q-Jet can do for me. He had asked that I call him but I thought I’d post up first to see if I’m at least going in the right direction. He also asked for cam spec’s, that I don’t have. Not sure on vacuum either. Engine is currently being cleaned up and painted, last time it ran was about 6yrs ago. Video below of the engine running.

Once I gather the necessary info, I will then order the proper rebuild components.
I have Cliff’s SA Book and another carburetor book by Doug Roe.

Carb that I have decided on is 17080284
Has Electric Choke, side fuel inlet, no idea if it worked prior, one of many that I have picked up over the years. Appears to be mostly complete. moves freely
Will I need to tear it down to let you know what I have before ordering a kit?
Cliff, what is your shipping method to Canada?

1958 Chev and what it sounds like, Car will be strictly street performance/hwy cruiser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rLINaXT9PDI

My engine consists of the following:
0010 Block from a 1970 350ci Chevy Full Size (Biscayne, Caprice, Impala)
327 Large Journal Crank
327 30 Over pistons
No idea what cam is in there, hence video to give an idea of what it sounded like 7 years ago.
1973 (991) Truck Heads. Stock 1.72 & 1.50 valves, hardened seats
Stock 1967 Cast Intake (4bbl Spread bore) (Need to block off the heat vent holes)
Mechanical Fuel Pump.
1989 TH700r4 for the transmission. (The linkage on the carb will not need add-ons, same linkage used with Q-Jet & 700r4 combo) I have the stock GM throttle/dedent cable bracket.
Prior to the 700r4, the car came with a TH350.
I'll be Frank, Haven't a clue when it comes to setting up a carburetor.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Preping to purchase a kit
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 05:36:24 AM »
To order parts just call the shop, we ship to Canada and overseas daily.  We need a carb number, and all of the engine specs, etc....thanks...Cliff