Author Topic: 5.0 ford with quadrajet  (Read 2646 times)

Offline 429bbf

• Qjet Hero
5.0 ford with quadrajet
« on: March 06, 2015, 07:31:53 PM »
does anybody know of anybody that makes a nice  intake for a 5.0 ford that a quadrajet will bolt on. any help would be nice . thanks in advance. i do want aluminum.

Offline 58chev

• Garage guy
I'll be Frank, Haven't a clue when it comes to setting up a carburetor.

Offline 429bbf

• Qjet Hero
Re: 5.0 ford with quadrajet
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 03:11:39 PM »
thanks , i ordered one of them you posted they sent me the wrong one . they sent me a pro products or some thing and i sent it back . they sent me another and its sitting here now. wrong again. same as first time . i have yet to receive the scott drake,so i can find out if its right . now there telling me all the scottdrakes are square bore im trying to find someone that has bought one that works. I'm going to call scottdrake monday and talk to them myself. thanks

Offline 429bbf

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 08:46:27 PM »
called scott drake all they make are square bores called edelbrock same answer . guess I'm going to have to see an old friend and modify an edelbrock. maybe when we get done ill try post some pictures. i have a 5 year old grandson that  could post them  faster them me. fwiw

Offline ChadB

• Garage guy
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 05:16:33 AM »
I recently put a Qjet on my 5.0. I understand not wanting to use an adapter plate but i put one on top of a 2 inch spacer and love it. Obviously custom length bolts were a must.  Otherwise no probs and enjoy the fuel sipping abilities of the Qjet compared to the big H carbs.

Offline 429bbf

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 04:26:07 PM »
thank you  just called them i have to see how many bolts hold the intake down. this is something new. i want to bolt it on a 69 mustang with a 351 w . i dont have much hood space. ill post when i have one in hand and it fits. fwiw

Offline 429bbf

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 03:14:07 PM »
little more info offenhauser says they are making the manifold i want . the man told me its about an inch higher than stock . he is going to check and call me back . summit part no. is ofy 5889-8b the 8b meaning 8 bolts on one side of the intake . they also offer a 6b. when i have this in hand i will know for sure . the ship date is 1-1-16. so it may be a while. fwiw.

Offline 429bbf

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 01:19:33 PM »
got it . looks perfect. set a quad on it last night and the only problem is the tran. hookup for chev auto hits the manifold . not a problem for me i have standard trans. its a offenhauser 360. it also has the square bore bolt pattern. if i could post a picture i would . maybe one of my kid could help me. fwiw this is for a ford  351w .