Author Topic: Information requested please  (Read 2993 times)

Offline MRSOFTE

• Garage guy
Information requested please
« on: October 28, 2015, 07:33:38 PM »
Quadrajet  installed on my 68 Chevelle 396 350HP I believe is all stock specifications. Primary jets are 71 with 49B rods. the secondary rods are AX with an M rod hanger. Car runs great with no issues except maybe the plugs are a little too tan in color. But as I only have 300 miles on them maybe its too soon to tell? Does anybody know if these specs are stock for a 7028210?

I also have a 7044502. Would someone have the jet/rods/hanger specs on this carb as well. I've had both sets of rods out and they are not marked?? But it does use a K hanger.

Also if the info I seek is available online somewhere just let me know as I have looked and all I manage too find is what engine the carb is for. Thats nice start but hardly the whole story.

Thank you in advance.
John

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Information requested please
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 07:56:44 PM »
Quadrajet  installed on my 68 Chevelle 396 350HP I believe is all stock specifications. Primary jets are 71 with 49B rods. the secondary rods are AX with an M rod hanger. Car runs great with no issues except maybe the plugs are a little too tan in color. But as I only have 300 miles on them maybe its too soon to tell? Does anybody know if these specs are stock for a 7028210?

I also have a 7044502. Would someone have the jet/rods/hanger specs on this carb as well. I've had both sets of rods out and they are not marked?? But it does use a K hanger.

Also if the info I seek is available online somewhere just let me know as I have looked and all I manage too find is what engine the carb is for. Thats nice start but hardly the whole story.

Thank you in advance.
John

Stock specs of 7028210 you have are correct, except ALL stock Quadrajets came with "K" Secondary Hangers.

Stock specs of 7044502 were .075" Primary Jets, 46B Primary Metering Rods, "K" Secondary Hanger and CH Secondary Metering Rods.
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline MRSOFTE

• Garage guy
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 10:03:42 AM »
Thank you Ethan

So where does the M hanger belong? I'm guessing its a Carter quad piece? And if so can I use it? Would you know the difference between the two?

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 12:14:04 PM »
Thank you Ethan

So where does the M hanger belong? I'm guessing its a Carter quad piece? And if so can I use it? Would you know the difference between the two?

Sure, you can use it. The difference between the two is that the "M" hanger has closer or shorter arms. Hence the holes are for the secondary metering rods are slightly different. By .010". "B" Hangers run rich to "V" Hangers run lean.
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline MRSOFTE

• Garage guy
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 03:28:42 PM »
Shorter arms would pull the secondary rods out quicker then? And the cam (looks?) brand new.  I guess that may explain why I had to dial back the tension on the secondary doors?

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 04:15:57 PM »
Shorter arms would pull the secondary rods out quicker then? And the cam (looks?) brand new.  I guess that may explain why I had to dial back the tension on the secondary doors?

Correct. 8)
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline MRSOFTE

• Garage guy
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 07:42:31 AM »
Thank you Ethan!

Offline Hillbillyenginering

• Garage guy
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 10:16:29 AM »
Not just quicker, but higher also. Mondellos technical data book does a good job explaining the different size, how they effect fuel ratios.