Author Topic: Qjet on Ford...  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Chief1010

• Garage guy
Qjet on Ford...
« on: February 11, 2016, 08:33:50 PM »
I'm a big Q jet fan.. And when I decided to build a Ford ( I know I know go easy on me ) I still want the best carb made on it.. But much to my surprise.. With the adapter plate to make the quad work, the hood won't shut due to clearance issues.. Since the hood is a factory grabber hood, I don't want to cut it.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.. Is there a thinner adapter available, some homemade adapter that some has made that would like to share there great secrets... Anything..

Offline Frank400

• Jet Head
Re: Qjet on Ford...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 11:47:49 PM »
Depending on what Ford engine that is, if it is a 390-429-460, there was a factory Quadrajet intake at one time.  I personally built and installed a Quadrajet on a friend's 460, using an adapter.  He loves it. 

What intake and carb do you currently have ?

Offline Marx3

• Jet Head
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 12:20:27 AM »
I put an M4MC on a friends '66 Fairlane. Car is stock with a 289 and an Edelbrock performance intake.
We used a spacer.

No clearance issues.
I think you may need to find an intake that accepts the Qjet without the use of a spacer. Or customize your air cleaner.
Maybe find one from a Buick. I know the air cleaner on my friend's 71 Boattail fits really low on the carb

Offline Chief1010

• Garage guy
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 01:25:25 AM »
I have a 72 Maverick with a 302 I built in it.. The intake is a Edelbrock RPM intake.. For whatever reason a spread bore intake for a 302 no longer available ( not that I have found anyways ).. Any suggestions??