Author Topic: Parts missing  (Read 2537 times)

Offline 79403ta

Parts missing
« on: February 03, 2010, 05:18:24 PM »
I am new to the forum and i am currently slowly restoring a trans am...it will have a 403 in it and the motor previously had a holley on it and it was ok but i would like my shaker to work as it should, so i traded it for a Q-jet part number 17057553 which is supposed to be a 800cfm carb is this correct ??

i bought it with the seller saying the only thing "wrong" with the carb is the choke was unhooked, can anybody tell me which choke parts its missing, i think there is a rod that goes from the choke shaft to something that was bolted on the side of the carb thats missing  ???

other than the choke it appears to be a good looking carb, but i believe i'm going to have to modify it for my motor..Cliff i bought your book yesterday and it has tons of great info, its making me feel better about rebuilding this carb !!   here are some pics below

Overall carb pic

Missing parts for the choke ??

Never seen one of these brackets does anybody know what its for  ??

Offline omaha

• Jet Head
Re: Parts missing
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 11:52:39 PM »
...I believe the choke coil is missing along with the associated fast idle cam mechanism and the rod for the chokeflap. Yup, it's the 800.        The bracket is just an air buffer (IMO) most Q-jets have them. Not exactly sure of their true purpose. Maybe for the bleeds on the secondaries. .........You can find your missing parts very easily........even the electronic carbs use most of  the same parts for the choke.

Offline 17058263

• Garage guy
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 12:31:22 PM »
you are missing the entire choke housing and look like you have the hot air choke. cliff should be able to get you that parts and i would also use new rods and jets

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 05:58:18 PM »
Yep, we have all the choke parts for that carburetor number, and the electric chokes for them as well.

Just call the shop when you get time, and we'll get what you needed headed your way....thanks...Cliff