Author Topic: Opinion on 1974 GTO Quadrajet please!  (Read 2083 times)

Offline unruhjonny

• Carb lover
Opinion on 1974 GTO Quadrajet please!
« on: April 10, 2017, 11:24:23 AM »
Hello!

I could use the honest opinion of this community.

I dabble with Pontiac Rochester carbs - mostly focusing on the pre-1975 castings.

I occasionally sell one and put the money towards my real project, my '70 Formula.
One carburetor I came into possessing a while ago is a 1974 GTO specific casting for an automatic car, complete with the TH350 kick down bracket;
I don't know if these were ever offered as service replacement carbs, but this is a legit assembly line carb with the pick code, and assembly date stamped on it.

I may have found a local who needs it.

[suspicious]I had planned on offering it for $350cnd (roughly $260usd).[/suspicious]

From a recent glance on eBay, prices of 68-74 Pontiac carbs seem to wildly fluctuate - but the more unique listings tend to be around $500usd or more - ones under $150usd tend to often be butchered/incomplete carbs.

this is the most recent listing I have found: 7044268
(My carb is not rebuilt - it is a perfect looking candidate for restoration.)

[suspicious]To any of you who make a living in this niche of the hobby, could you please offer your opinion as to if my asking price is outrageous?[/suspicious]

Thanks in advance!

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Opinion on 1974 GTO Quadrajet please!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 06:36:07 AM »
 I would offer between $400-$500 for it. And no, $500 I don't think is outrageous for that carb.
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)