Author Topic: Just a thank-you to Cliff  (Read 2372 times)

Offline EricPeters

• Garage guy
Just a thank-you to Cliff
« on: July 04, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »
I'd been struggling for some time trying to correct a WOT stumble problem that my '76 Trans-Am suffered from, without much luck. The combo (mild 455, OD automatic and 3.90 gears) ran great except when you punched it. The engine would rev normally, then around 4,000-4,500 RPM it would suddenly stumble/buck as though someone had flipped an "off" switch.

Cliff advised me that it was a fuel delivery problem and I used his HP kit to replace the stock fuel inlet/seat, as well as the original brass float and adjusted the carb as he suggested. The stumble is almost completely gone now and Cliff thinks it'll go away all the way once I install the new secondary rods and choke break I just ordered.

Bottom line, the car is running almost perfectly now and I wanted to thank Cliff publicly for his expertise - and also for his quick, courteous response to e-mails and calls. The guy can be reached by phone - and will actually talk to customers! As many of you no doubt have experienced, this is not a common thing.

So, again - thanks Cliff.

You rock!

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Just a thank-you to Cliff
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 12:36:21 PM »
Thanks for the kind words!....Cliff