Author Topic: Electric choke number...application ? differences ?  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Frank400

• Jet Head
Electric choke number...application ? differences ?
« on: February 08, 2018, 03:15:45 PM »
Wondering what could be the difference between two identical electric chokes.  Bought one from Cliff, the number on it is 8182A.  A friend of mine bought a car with a Qjet on it, and the electric choke's number is 8182C. 

I'm guessing Cliff has done his homework in choosing the choke he sells us guys, but still curious about what the difference could be between those two part numbers.  Maybe time from one end of the travel to the other ?

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Electric choke number...application ? differences ?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 06:58:39 AM »
Wondering what could be the difference between two identical electric chokes.  Bought one from Cliff, the number on it is 8182A.  A friend of mine bought a car with a Qjet on it, and the electric choke's number is 8182C. 

I'm guessing Cliff has done his homework in choosing the choke he sells us guys, but still curious about what the difference could be between those two part numbers.  Maybe time from one end of the travel to the other ?

There may be differences, but I'm unsure as I don't have them in front of me. The "A" and "C" might mean they're graduated. As in, the the 8182A was no longer the service replacement anymore. Probably with upgraded parts inside, too. I'm not sure, Frank. I do know, those E/C units were used on the later model Qjets. Early-to-late 80's. All makes and models.
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)