Author Topic: Port letters on Q-Jet housing  (Read 2335 times)

Offline johngaltx

Port letters on Q-Jet housing
« on: May 17, 2010, 02:29:56 PM »
I would like to know, or see a diagram, or a set of photos describing the letters that go with the various ports on my 1976 Q-Jet. These letters are cast into the body of my Q-Jet, and they where probably not put there by accident. I had an Edelborck Q-Jet replacement on the car (#1903) and I also had a corresponding sheet from Edelbrock describing the various ports, locations and functions.

I am attempting to right the many wrongs that have accumulated over the years on my 1976 Trans Am-400 cid-400TH. I currently have a correct Q-Jet and am trying to get the motor set up as it was when it was stock.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Schurkey

• Carb lover
Re: Port letters on Q-Jet housing
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 07:48:40 PM »
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
All you need is a factory service manual.  The vacuum hose routing and carb nipple ID letters should be in there.

Failing that...if you have an underhood decal, the routing is probably printed there, too.
Demand compensation from Communist China for the damage done by the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Lab, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19).  Trillions of dollars, plus direct compensation to individuals for medical bills, and "wrongful death" settlements.

Offline johngaltx

Re: Port letters on Q-Jet housing
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 01:20:53 PM »
I have all the manuals, and the under-hood sticker----what I am looking for is the names of the port assignments that correspond to the letters that are cast into the main body