Author Topic: NOS carb parts  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Pav8427

• Carb lover
NOS carb parts
« on: March 10, 2018, 06:03:29 AM »
I have the chance to purchase a good sized collection of NOS carb parts. From the pics there seems to be all sorts of 'stuff' for various makes and models. Just curious if I should be on the lookout for anything that may be rare or not being reproduced.

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: NOS carb parts
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 05:06:26 PM »
 Is this for Qjets' in general or all carbs? If Qjets', I know the A/C Dashpot on the early 472cid Cadillac are quite rare and are not being reproduced. I know I wish I had one. If for all carbs, anything Carter or Stromberg are rare. From the starter switch kit 192-11U down to the strainer for it. Actually, not many parts are reproduced for Carter nor Stromberg. I wish I had one of those cabinets and 5k. Hmmmm :(
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline Pav8427

• Carb lover
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 05:59:04 PM »
From the pics I have, there looks like stuff for quads,carter,holley and early rochester(wcfb). Probably others as well. Would you happen to have any pics? Might make the whole deal cheaper if I can ID some of the rarer stuff without letting the seller know what I am looking at. Thanks. Doug

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 06:26:00 PM »
From the pics I have, there looks like stuff for quads,carter,holley and early rochester(wcfb). Probably others as well. Would you happen to have any pics? Might make the whole deal cheaper if I can ID some of the rarer stuff without letting the seller know what I am looking at. Thanks. Doug

See the rear "pull-off". That's it. It has a little hook that goes lever on the throttle body. Of course, the long stem is unmistakable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-VINTAGE-CADILLAC-DEVILLE-CARBURETOR-PROFESSIONALLY-REBUILT/272408769256?fits=Make%3ACadillac&hash=item3f6cd3f2e8:g:oOEAAOSwZJBX~BOH
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)