Author Topic: How to order a metal Fuel Filter Housing Gasket  (Read 2110 times)

Offline NeilQ

How to order a metal Fuel Filter Housing Gasket
« on: June 25, 2018, 02:34:04 PM »
Cliff, in another post you addressed what I believe is my problem.  I finally found the time to install the rebuild you did for my 1970 Vette.  The good news is it runs like new.  The bad news is I have a small fuel leak that presents with fuel slowly pooling on the intake manifold.  I spent a lot to time to determine the source of the leak.  It is NOT the flared fuel line fitting.  Nor does it appear to be the well plug that's in the area and, apparently, a frequent source of leaks.  I'm pretty sure the leak is where the fuel filter housing screws into the carb body.  Recall you helicoiled this for me.  A stock looking thin, and narrow fiber washer was provided.  In another post you described this problem as occurring sometimes when the helicoil process necessarily removes some the sealing surface for this gasket.  You mentioned:  "A coated metal gasket will often correct this situation".  I don't see this metal coated gasket for sale on your site.  Is this something I can purchase from you?  Or do you have a "common" part number for it, e.g. Doorman or GM?

Thanks,   

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: How to order a metal Fuel Filter Housing Gasket
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 05:26:01 AM »
Just call the shop at 740-397-2921 or email to:

cliffshp@embarqmail.com and we'll get a metal gasket headed your way....Cliff