Author Topic: Pictures of a Manual choke setup wanted.  (Read 1183 times)

Offline JasonM

• Garage guy
Pictures of a Manual choke setup wanted.
« on: April 12, 2019, 05:33:20 AM »
Does anyone have a picture of what the manual choke setup is like? I want to construct one for a 78 HD TRK quadrajet I am planning on installing on a slant 6 Mopar.

Offline Sonny

• Carb lover
Re: Pictures of a Manual choke setup wanted.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 04:29:23 PM »
Are you asking how to convert a Quadrajet choke to operate on cable you pull from the dash?

Offline JasonM

• Garage guy
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 07:50:50 PM »
Yes... I was under the impression that some quadrajet's had a manual choke? (were they labeled as the 4M?)

Offline Sonny

• Carb lover
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 08:45:58 AM »
I do not know of any Quadrajet designed for manual operated choke. My experience is limited in respect to Cliff and several other knowledgeable contributors on this site. Your application is custom so adding a control cable for the choke may require some creative solutions.

Offline JasonM

• Garage guy
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 03:16:14 PM »
Thanks Sonny, I will proceed with an open mind, and the spirit of optimism... and maybe I will be able to craft something that works, and looks nice as well.

Offline richie49

• Garage guy
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 04:44:11 PM »
I know this is an older post and I dont know where to buy one but I have a manual choke on my quadrajet. The one I have you replace the electric choke with the spring  with a part that goes in place of the electric choke and all it has is a lever inside that matches up with the lever that moves the choke.
     I'll get a pic of it maybe tomorrow.

Richard richie49

Offline JasonM

• Garage guy
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 03:20:32 PM »

I was able to track down a rebuild, carb that has a manual choke conversion on it. Got it for $20 so It can donate the throttle blade shaft, and manual choke assembly.  I suspect that there is a webber carb conversion for automatic choke to manual choke that would work, but they were spendy, so I jumped at this opportunity.