Author Topic: Need help with a possible base plate swap  (Read 978 times)

Offline Mudsport96

• Carb lover
Need help with a possible base plate swap
« on: May 29, 2019, 07:31:50 PM »
So my ogre handed self over tightened my air horn screws and stripped 2 out. I took the carb apart to clean it before the first drive of the year. Since it sat all winter I wanted to give it a once over.
Well fast forward to assembling and yep I stripped the two holes right behind the choke horn. Tried a little longer screws and still no go.
I had cliff do my base plate in November of 2017 I believe so I was wondering if the 17057229 base plate would work on the good edelbrock 1901 main body and air horn I have. Both are baseplate APT screw style and both are divorced choke styles.
Otherwise I need to do throttle shaft bushings in the 1901 base plate.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Need help with a possible base plate swap
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 04:36:33 AM »
The screws are 10-32 and very easy to install heli-coils.  I do it all the time on main castings for the two screws right behind the choke housing as the factory screws needed to be a little longer.

We also supply the longer 1 1/4" fillister head screws in our fastener kits for this reason......Cliff

Offline Mudsport96

• Carb lover
Re: Need help with a possible base plate swap
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 11:22:40 AM »
Yes, I noticed the ones that came in the HP kit were longer than the originals. With your work on the base plate and the hp kit the carb worked pretty good last summer, I just opened it up to clean it and messed it up haha.